Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Collection — Box: 58
Scope and Contents Military papers include commissions to 1st sergeant, sergeant, lieutenant and captain. Discharge papers.
Dates: Created: 1861 - 1865
Collection — Box: 59
Scope and Contents Includes orders, official letters, disciplinary charges against several soldiers, specifically charges against Mihalotzy for "Disobedience of Orders", "did quarter himself in the home of I.W. Douse in Athens Ala." and "molestation in their person and property". Includes his response to these charges and a summary of the findings of the court. Two notes from J.B. Turchin regarding troop movements. Topographical maps of Becherd and Tullahoma, Tenn.
Dates: Created: 1861 - 1864
Collection — Box: 81
Scope and Contents Letter to Belmont Perry in New Jersey, from Fort Douglas, Utah where he was serving as U.S. Assessor of the District of Utah gives a summary of his Civil War career.
Dates: Created: March 10, 1880
Collection — Box: 94
Scope and Contents Letter sent from Clinton County, Illinois to General Whiteside resigning his commission as Major. Asks Whiteside to order an election for choosing a Colonel and he will attend to it.
Dates: Created: June 28, 1830
- Subject: Armed Forces--Officers X
- American Civil War, 1861-1865 3
- American Civil War--Illinois--12th Infantry 1
- American Civil War--Illinois--24th Infantry 1
- Clinton County (Ill.) 1
- Courts-martial and courts of inquiry 1
- Illinois--History--Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- Illinois--Militia 1
- Military discharge 1
- Orders (military records) 1
- Soldiers 1
- Trials (Military offenses) 1 ∧ less
- Mayer, Charles 1
- Mihalotzy, Geza 1
- Perry, Belmont 1
- Smith, John Eugene , 1816-1897 1
- Turchin, John B. (John Basil), 1822-1901 1