Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Collection — Box: 57
Scope and Contents Letter to George W. Chase, in Maine, discussing clients, court activities and lack of pay from clients. Also describes Fourth of July celebration in Dixon. Discusses some family business with request for Chase to visit his father, and his wife's impending move to Illinois.
Abstract Oliver Perry Hunt was a lawyer, farmer, teacher and soldier. Admitted to the bar in Indiana, he later moved to Tuscola, Illinois, where he taught school and practiced law. Then he married Eliza McDowell and began to farm. In 1862 he helped organize Company K of the 125th Illinois Volunteer Infantry. He was also active in local politics as a registered Democrat. Collection contains military papers, correspondence, minute books, fee books, account books, legal documents and blueprints...
Collection — Multiple Containers
Abstract Taylorville, Illinois, lawyer James M. Taylor (1839-1921), his wife Adelia Adelaide Stewart Taylor (1840-1905), six of their children, three grandchildren, cousins, and other relatives are involved in correspondence and legal papers.
- Subject: Lawyers X
- Bailhache, John, 1787-1857 1
- Browning, Orville Hickman, 1806-1881 1
- Chase, George W. 1
- Grand Army of the Republic. Department of Illinois 1
- Hunt, Oliver Perry 1
- Hunt, Oliver Perry (1832-1902) 1
- Hunt, Ora V. 1
- Hunt, Ora V. (ca. 1863-) 1
- Hunt, William Tecumseh Sherman 1
- Hunt, William Tecumseh Sherman (1868-1942) 1
- Logan, Stephen T. (Stephen Trigg), 1800-1880 1
- Martin, William, d. 1855 1
- Mason, Edwin R. 1
- Taylor Family 1
- Taylor, James M. 1
- United States. Army. Illinois Infantry Regiment, 125th (1861-1865) 1 ∧ less