Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Collection — Box: 63
Scope and Contents Letter to Jessie Palmer Weber at the Illinois State Historical Society in answer to her question re: the length of Abraham Lincoln's arms. The letter was sent from Paris, France where he was living at the time.
Dates: Created: June 19, 1925
Collection — Box: 68
Scope and Contents Three signed letter by Power to Colonel John Williams discussing matters at the Lincoln Monument including poor quality of work by the original construction company and his public statements regarding that. Also addresses James Conkling and John Stuart of the Lincoln Monument Association.
Dates: Created: 1883 - 1884
Collection — Box: 59
Scope and Contents Letter from Mead to Morrill telling him of the acceptance of his design and asking the possibility of the state donating a cannon for use in the monument. Noting the large amounts of granite and metal to be used, he states the cannon would help with the metal and that a lot of the granite would come from eastern states. Addressed envelope included.
Dates: Created: October 8, 1868
Collection — Box: 62
Scope and Contents Letter to Owen P. Miles appointing him agent for collecting funds for the Association. Signed by Richard Oglesby, President and Clinton Conkling, Secretary.
Dates: Created: May 25, 1865
Collection — Box: 60
Scope and Contents Six letters from soldiers during the war discuss the war, battles at Pittsburgh Landing, Perryville and Chappel Hill, Lincoln and Illinois politics. An agreement between Herman Lieb and the men loaning him money to buy a printing press to start a German language Republican newspaper, signed by those loaning and the amount. Letter from G.F. Wright regarding an advance on payment for the Lincoln portrait he is painting. A number of papers regarding the National Lincoln Monument.
Dates: Created: 1861 - 1867
Collection — Box: 1
Scope and Contents In a letter to Samuel Willard, Othman A. Abbott details his regiment's intent to contribute to Lincoln monument fund and that Abbott is expecting to be sent to East Port, MS after being wounded.
Dates: Created: 1865
Collection — Box: 68
Scope and Contents Minutes of meetings with a long debate about where the stand had actually been placed for the debate. List of all of those who had attended and were still living. Transcript of all of the speeches. An essay on "The Story of the Monument". Program with names of those involved in the Society. All typed.
Dates: Created: 1908
- Subject: Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865--Monuments X
- Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865 6
- National Lincoln Monument Association (Springfield, Ill.) 3
- Abbott, Othman A. 1
- Conkling, Clinton L. (Clinton Levering), 1843-1920 1
- Conkling, James Cook, 1816-1889 1
- Douglas, Stephen A. (Stephen Arnold), 1813-1861 1
- Illinois. Auditor's Office 1
- Lieb, Herman 1
- Mead, Larkin G. (Larkin Goldsmith), 1835-1910 1
- Miles, Owen P. 1
- Miner, Orlin H., 1825-1879 1
- Morrill, Justin S. (Justin Smith), 1810-1898 1
- O'Connor, Andrew, 1874-1941 1
- Oglesby, Richard J. (Richard James), 1824-1899 1
- Quincy (Ill.). Lincoln-Douglas Semi-Centennial Society 1
- Stuart, John T. (John Todd), 1807-1885 1
- Weber, Jessie Palmer, 1863-1926 1
- Willard, Samuel 1
- Williams, John, 1808-1890 1 ∧ less